Passion Fruit Smoothies In A Pit Of Dispair

Thursday, June 10, 2010
Alright, so we've had a lot of slow down, relax and reflect, round trip ticket to Chillville songs recently. Now this is all and good, because I'm looking to introduce people to songs they may not have heard before, and certainly a lot of these songs aren't the type to be featured on the radio. However, as I said, I want to constantly add variety to the mix. I love being pensive, sitting and listening to a band and just soaking it all in note for note. It's like reading a good book. But I'm sure we would all agree, life would get pretty boring if it were solely about books. Life needs a little disorder to it sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't have to be about the lyrics or the intent. Sometimes, as human beings, we just need a little rhythm. A solid bass-line and a dancefloor. So after sifting through some of the bands I wanted to feature on this blog, I came across an old favorite of mine, American electropop band - Passion Pit.

Passion Pit has been around only for about a few years, but has seemed to be able to tap into the American pop culture. When their first hit "Sleepyhead" became an online video sensation, they immediately began to to slingshot into the limelight. However, most people that know their music can't actually remember the name of the band. So apparently they have found a very comfortable niche in that limelight, only about an arm and a leg in the spotlight, and the rest still in the shadows. They only have one legitimate album out right now, so I'm curious to see where they will go from here. In fact, they will be touring with Muse this coming Fall 2010, so I can only suspect great things to come. Either way, their style is unmistakably unique and is one of those songs that just gets you going in the morning, or keeps you going at night. Now stomp your feet and nod your head to the synthastic beats of Passion Pit's new single "Little Secrets".

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Your blog is great. While you're on the topic of electronic music-
Pretty Lights! Their most well known stuff is "Finally Moving" and "Hot Like Sauce" if you feel like checking them out.
Also, Crystal Castles.
But that's enough of my ideas. It's great for dancing but also just chilling and listening to music that seriously flows.

AllTheFancyWicker said...

Ask and you shall receive Katherine! As I said, recommendations are always appreciated, so thanks!

Post a Comment